In 2007, Reed Wilson founded Palmetto Technology Group. PTG delivers IT services and expertise to businesses with a core focus on the Microsoft stack of technology. Niche industries for PTG are those that handle an excess of "information"-accounting, engineering, construction, legal, healthcare, and financial services (to name a few). PTG has two primary components - collaboration tools (setting up mail servers, web portals, etc.) and desktop/end-user support.
As founder and president of PTG, Wilson develops the vision and strategy, manages the sales and marketing, and wears a number of other hats as needed. "I am passionate about technology. Technology for technology's sake is a bad thing, but technology for productivity improvement - or more important, profitability improvement - is an awesome thing!" PTG continues to grow each year, and the company recently celebrated their recognition as a Microsoft Cloud Accelerate Partner as one of the fastest growing Cloud Partners in the US. They were also recently presented with the CRN Next-Gen 250 award.
Reed Wilson, Founder and President of PTG
Prior to PTG, Wilson worked at a successful software company in Greenville - Datastream, a $100 million publicly held company - where his journey in the high-tech arena began. Throughout his tenure at Datastream, Wilson held a number of positions beginning as an inside sales representative, then running corporate sales for Datastream Australia, and lastly serving as a sales VP for the western region of the US. With an annual software sales quota of $8mm, Wilson worked with several members of the Fortune 500 to improve productivity and efficiency including Dell, American Airlines, Frito Lay/PepsiCo, and Siemens. His various roles provided hands-on experience with setting up and running a business and provided him a valuable lesson in PnL management. A desire to put to work the skills learned over the years led Wilson to his next venture PTG - servicing the IT needs of businesses throughout the US.
Born and raised in SC, Reed Wilson graduated from The Citadel as Regimental Commander, the top ranked Cadet responsible for the entire 1900 member Corps of Cadets.
We've built a solid reputation of delivering on our outsourced IT support promises. This is testimony to the beliefs that serve as the foundation for our business.
- We are business people first and technology providers second.
- We must focus on solving your specific business needs without the distractions of features, functions, or techno-babble.
- Technology should work for you instead of against you.
- We believe in listening to all of your IT support needs before making suggestions, so that we can provide the best IT solution and get it right the first time.
Our outsourced IT support team of business pc repair technicians and Office 365 experts are well-qualified to address any technology issue. Through extensive training and continued education, we carry the following Technical Certifications:
- Microsoft Small Business Specialist
- Microsoft Cloud Accelerate Partner
- Microsoft Tier 3 Cloud Champion
- Microsoft Silver - Portals and Collaboration
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
PTG is one of only fifty companies in the southeast – and one among approximately three hundred and fifty in the nation – who was recently awarded the Microsoft SMB Cloud Champions Club designation. This places PTG in the top 10% of all Microsoft partners.
- Certified VMware Sales Professional
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Cisco Certified Systems Administrator
- Cisco Certified Systems Administrator
- Lefthand Networks iSCSI SAN and Virtual SAN Partner
- Neverfail Certified Partner
- Certified SonicWALL Security Administrator
- SonicWALL Silver Medallion Partner
In Their Own Words
"PTG's IT experts are friendly and very helpful. They are always responsive and are very knowledgeable about how to resolve the issues as quickly and efficiently as possible. We like everything about them!"
-Greta Young, Safe Harbor
"PTG is always prompt with response to our requests and has the knowledge needed to help us with our IT issues."
-Tamara Gosnell, Orthopedic Specialties
"We knew we needed better IT infrastructure support, but we were not exactly sure what we needed; PTG came in, assessed our situation and made recommendations that hit the mark perfectly. Right from the start, they were thorough and very professional. At that point, we knew we had our solution provider nailed down."
-Jamie Pagel, ThinkUpConsulting
Over 96% of our customers say they would recommend PTG IT Support Specialists to others.